Book clubs are a great way to socialise together and discuss different perspectives and ideas broadening our outlook.
Many of us have been involved in or heard of successful book clubs in our areas – but… have you considered being involved in one that focuses on subjects common to your professional peers.
Why a Professional Book Club?
Bespoke Practitioners is offering this option of a Professional Book Club because it recognises:
- It can aid professional development.
- It is an opportunity to build a professional network which is a learning community.
- It provides an environment where a sharing can take place, with others opinions and experiences being heard and new perspectives gained.
- It is a great way to enhance and enrich our own ‘day to day’ practice and professional skills.
How it works:
- Annual members gather quarterly for two hours – Refreshments are provided
- Bespoke Practitioners will set a book list for the year relevant to the profession
- Each gathering is facilitated by Practicing Professionals
- Each group will not exceed 10 members
- Professional Book Club membership: is £80 annually
Aim of the Group
- Creation of an environment where new ideas can be shared
- Discussions of relevant Books, Research Papers and Journals relating to the groups professional field
- To widen theory base and develop practice
- Exploration of how theory fits with our current practice and experience
- Creating professional networks which share ideas and good practice
- Socialising with a professional focus – refreshments included
- Supporting Continued professional development
- Providing a reflective journal to log the learning or hours